1. Detailed description of goods and/or services
Opal Jay™ is a business in the eCommerce industry that sells baby clothing online.
2. Export restriction
The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
Opal Jay™ shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal
information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
4. Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Opal Jay™ via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African
Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the
website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
5. Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Opal Jay™ separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For
more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
6. Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is
South African Rand (ZAR).
Opal Jay™ takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website,
customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
8. Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Opal Jay™ chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under
this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, 15 Quinton Brand Street, Hurlyvale, 1609.
Opal Jay™ may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
10. Company information
This website is run by Opal Jay Clothing (Pty) Ltd (private company) based in South Africa trading as Opal Jay™ and with registration number 2017/327590/07 and Leigh-Ann McDougall (Director/Owner).
11. Opal Jay™ contact details
Company Physical Address: 15 Quinton Brand Street, Hurlyvale, 1609
Telephone: 082 386 7752
- Delivery methods for deliveries from Opal Jay online store will include 1) Collection from our business addresses (Craighall Park and Edenvale) or 2) by Courier to the Customer’s chosen delivery address.
- When effecting delivery at the customer’s premises or such other premises as nominated by the Customer, the Customer shall be responsible for receiving, unloading and checking the product/products.
- Delivery of the products at the shipping or delivery address nominated by the Customer shall constitute good delivery. Any acknowledgement of receipt by the Customer or any authorised representative or employee of the Customer, whether direct or indirect, in writing or otherwise shall serve to also confirm delivery.
- In the event that the products are delivered in a damaged or defective state, the Customer shall forthwith upon delivery endorse Opal Jay’s copy of the delivery note detailing the damage or defects to the Products and the Customer shall within seven (7) days of such delivery notify Opal Jay of such damage or defects to the Products delivered, following which the Returns Policy shall be followed.
- On compliance by the Customer with the requirements of this Delivery Policy, and provided Opal Jay agrees with the information supplied by the Customer, a credit or exchange shall be issued, subject to the provisions of the Returns Policy.
- A flat rate to deliver your order to you will be charged. This will escalate reasonably from time to time based on escalations in the fees charged by the courier company.
- The order will take around 1 to 3 working days to be delivered to the chosen delivery address, depending on the location and method of delivery (Delivery within South Africa only).
- Although reasonable care shall be taken, Opal Jay accepts no responsibility whatsoever for incorrect delivery details or, if an unauthorised person at the delivery address, accepts delivery of the order and Products.
We believe in 100% satisfaction, at Opal Jay we want our customers to be 100% happy with our products, so if you are not completely satisfied please let us know. Opal Jay will exchange products provided that the below is adhered to:
- We will only refund your money if this is reported within 7 working days of the delivery date. To initiate the return process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the reason for the return. We regret to inform you that refunds will not be considered if we are not notified within the stipulated 7 day period.
- In case of return due to defective product/products, a picture of the damaged area is required to be attached to your email sent to the web address supplied above.
- Should you fail to report the return of the product/products after the 7 working days period, we will use our own discretion to grant a credit note usable at our online store.
- A refund will be granted provided that the original invoice or gift receipt is presented on return, as proof of purchase, the price (swing) ticket is attached, the item has not been worn or used, the item is in its original condition and packaging.
- Should you wish to return an item you will need to arrange to have the product delivered back to us at your own expense and will be charged an additional delivery fee should you wish to have the new product delivered to your address (unless the product/products delivered to you is damaged or defective).
- The Customer shall not be refunded for any delivery cost under any circumstances.
- Any refund or credit will only take place once Opal Jay has received and processed the return of the product/products.
- Opal Jay shall have the discretion to refund the Customer by any appropriate means including cash, a gift vouchers (electronic or otherwise) or by crediting the relevant Customer account or applicable credit or debit card.
- There are six different payment options including payment by way of a credit or debit card, using an electronic gift voucher, by EFT and by cash. Cheques will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- If the EFT payment option is used, this can take up to seventy two (72) hours depending upon the relevant bank. Please note that if payment is not received within seventy two (72) hours, the order will automatically be cancelled.
- Only in the event of the use of a gift card can more than one payment type be used to complete an order and in this instance the customer is entitled to top up the payment with a credit or debit card
- With regard to gift vouchers the following is also relevant:
- Gift vouchers are valid for thirty six (36) months from the date of purchase thereof.
- The value thereof is redeemable for Products (not cash).
- Opal Jay accepts no responsibility in the event that due to an error or oversight on the part of the Customer, or for any reason, the gift voucher is used by a third party.
- Opal Jay prescribes to high security and encryption standards allowing all customers to shop with peace of mind. It is also to be noted that it is the strict policy of Opal Jay, and we take all reasonable security measures to ensure that payment and card details, as well as related confidential information, cannot be accessed by anyone who is not authorized to do so.
The customer agrees that because of the nature of the internet, our online shopping service is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Opal Jay will not be held liable if we are unable to supply a particular item. Moreover, we assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, miss delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalisation settings.
- Products prices and delivery charges are not fixed and are may change at any time. Changes will not affect orders in respect of which a dispatch confirmation email has already been sent. Payments are due immediately, on order. Payment for all products must be made by one of the methods offered during the ‘checkout’ process.
- If we have not received your payment within 72 hours your order will be cancelled.